Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Artist Experience: Tricia Allen Scam Email Part II

Remember the artist who wrote to me about her "Tricia Allen" scammer? Here is her followup email today:

Dear Kathleen -

I emailed you the other day about being contacted by tallencourt@gmail.com.  Well, I've been playing along to see how far she? would go.  Today, she sent an email with a fedex tracking number saying the check was enclosed.  Of course, she went into all this garbage about the shipper adding in his fee - so, she asked if I would give him the difference when they came to pick up the paintings.  I did the tracking, and it was real.  I got the fedex envelope - and guess what?  It was empty.  I called the FBI in Boston and reported all of this.  The agent told me to let Tricia Allen know the I knew it was all a scam - they have so many cases on file, they don't know what to do.

As a struggling artist, I find this to be the worst kind of scam.  Is there some way you can post this on your website - and if you can think of a way to get this message out to other artists, I would be glad to help.

Sincerely,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. We got a John Bathgate scam attempt today--exactly as described in this website. Thank you so much for putting your info here!!

    ReplyDelete