Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Scam: Melonie Young

This is to show artists that these very SAME emails are sent to all kinds of people, not just artists. The below was sent from someone who sells Push-to-Talk switches. Notice all the same techniques. Notice where they slip in they will *only* use their shipper. Classic misspellings, grammar problems, and terrible formatting.

In this scam email, the "From" says Young Melonie but that's just a reversal of Melonie Young, one we've seen before. The various emails they sent are below.

Hi
The Push-to-Talk Switch is what i really needed for now what is the price for 50units of Push-to-Talk Switch since that is available we may make arrangement for that now and ask the shipper to come and pick up by tomorrow if you can give me the price now i will forward my credit card for the payment


Now

Melonie

-----Original Message-----
From: Young Melonie
Subject: Re: Order Inquiry on Oversea Shipping(Australia)

Hi

Thanks for the mail, kindly get the total cost and the weight of the
below items

NEW & IMPROVED PC to Headset Adapter W/USB Connector
QTY...25UNITS

Audio Gold Plug Adapter
.25 to 1/8 stereo plug, decreases a .25 plug to a 3.5mm stereo plug
QTY...85UNITS

Push-to-Talk Switch (PT-300, C10-15
QTY...25UNITS

My store informations
My full name Melonie Young
Melonie Inc
My delivery address is as below,
Address : 10 Greenhill Road, WAYVILLE, 5034, SA, AUSTRALIA

When you figure out the weight of the items kindly send to the
shipper.Below are some of there informations The contact person

D'kings Freight
Email: customerservice@dkings-freights.com

For more information of the freight company kindly contact them they will get them to you with the necessary feedback you required.The freight company, has my shipping profile already, (Meloniey.inc). The weight of the package and your company address is what they needed to give a shipping cost to me. kindly get back to me when you have the actual total cost (both order cost and the shipping cost from the shipper),And I shall forward my payment details (credit card) to you to
charge for the total cost and the shipping cost from the shipper, so that you can complete the arrangement for the pick up with the shipper.
After which,the shipper will come for the pick up Kindly advice back Asap.

Melonie Inc
Melonie
Owner.

-----Original Message-----
From: Young Melonie
Subject: Re: Order Inquiry on Oversea Shipping(Australia)

Do you have Catalog, your price is not listed on your website, can you send me a link where i can find the price or the price list to my email, i don't have a paypal just my maste rcard for the payment
Melonie

Hello,
I recently viewed your web page and i was caught up in ordering some of your products,we are located in Australia,i will like to know if you have the items in stocks..(inventory list) and also will like to know the type of credit card you accept for payment..and also i will like to let you know that a Nominated shipping agent that i worked with for years, i worked with them alone due to problem bringing down orders to this location since i am in a remote area, infact they are very effective.please advise so that we can proceed

I am waiting anxiously to hear back from you.
Please kindly send your response to my purchasing email meloniey.inc@gmail.com

Best Regards
Melonie Inc

6 comments:

  1. Here's one I just got today:

    Hello,


    I recently viewed your web page and i was caught up in ordering some of your products,we are located in Australia,i will like to know if you have the items in stocks....(inventory list) and also will like to know the type of credit card you accept for payment..and also i will like to let you know that a Nominated shipping agent that i worked with for years, i worked with them alone due to problem bringing down orders to this location since i am in a remote area, infact the are very effective.please advise so that we can proceed

    I am waiting anxiously to hear back from you.

    Best Regards
    Melonie Inc

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would seem this scammer - while not taking the time to personalize their scam email, IS trying to save time on explaining the third party shipper thing. On the good side, emails insisting on their third party shipper is one obvious and consistent clue to tip you off its a scam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A poster just sent this comment to me:

    "Thank you so VERY much for this intel! I thought I maybe had an actual order of my CDs. I had an odd feeling that something was amiss when the shipping company could not be found on Google and they did not want to use FedEx, UPS or USPS. Thank you again! Namaste'

    Scot
    BTW, I will email the link for this page to them!"

    Thanks, Scot! Glad you didn't get caught up in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to know if I am being scammed. Queen Melonie is interested in my bikinis and I can't seem to find her anywhere on google except this page. I did email the shipper to see what he knows. It's all very mysterious to me. Maybe someone could help me? Jodie@sherocks.com. 818-905-8604. Thanks, Jodie Victor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Queen Melonie is still at it. She set up a job search looking for a Personal/Executive Asst. Needless to say she responded back to me as if I was hired site unseen and that she would send me a check to purchase some items for her prior to her return to the states. I mean really...So annoyed that she has my resume though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Run...She's a scammer. Her so called business is "Flooring."

    ReplyDelete