Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Scam Email: Alexander Trowell

Interesting the way this scammer positioned himself as "in behalf of" but then email was signed by the other "person" anyway. Scammers have very confused minds. But this has all the usual telltale signs of a scam.
From: mackerelrodrigo@gmail.com [mackerelrodrigo@gmail.com] on behalf of Alexander Trowell [alexander_trowell@yahoo.co.uk]
Subject: Sculpture inquiry

Hello

I came across your sculpture through your website and i fell in love with your sculptural approach and creativeness i do not reside in the United states which as been a major concern to me on our to purchase your sculpture because i would like to own one or two piece to be placed in my new home in United Kingdom, as a means of beautification and modification of the building. would appreciate it if you can kindly enlight me on how to make this work out. I await your response

Regards

Alexander

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen,

    Thanks for keeping a list of scammers. Not sure how to find the IP address on this, but feel free to add this one to the list!

    2 of my artist friends received the same email as well.

    A lil Bummed, but grateful I followed my gut on this one.

    Thanks.

    Sent from my iPhone

    Begin forwarded message:

    > From: Alexander Paul [alxndr.p212@gmail.com]
    > Subject: Art Purchase
    >
    > My name is Alexander from Pittsburgh, PA. I was looking for some artwork online and i found your contact while searching. I will like to purchase some of your work for my wife as a surprise gift for our 10th Anniversary. Please kindly send some pictures and prices of some of your art which are ready for immediate sales within a price range of $500- $5000. I look forward to hearing a lot more about any available piece in your inventory ready for immediate sales.
    > Thanks and best regards

    ReplyDelete