Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

Scam Email: Whitman Duvel; Frederick Kloppenberg

It is also a sign of a scammer, who makes up all the names and then can't keep them straight or even remember which name is a first name or a last name. This is one such scammer. signs off on his email by his supposed last name. Lame. Also, this "on behalf of" phrase allows the scammer to use the same disposable email account to receive replies (until it is shut down) while randomizing the fake names to look slightly different. Notice the second email and it's similar templated format.

FROM : sndtradingagent@gmail.com; on behalf of; Whitman Duvel
[whitmanduvel@yahoo.co.uk] - AUGUST 4, 2012

Good Evening

I hope you had a wonderful day?,i was able to see your work of art from your
website and i must say that your work is fascinating and vivacious,it shows
that you took your time to perfect its creation. I am a resident of Aberdeen
Scotland and am interested in owning some of your work to elevate my
lifestyle, unfortunately i lost the link to your website. I will be pleased
if you can send me the link to your website so that i can select the one's
had like to purchase from you. i await your response.

Regards
Duvel

FROM : sndtradingagent@gmail.com; on behalf of; Frederick kloppenberg
[frederickkloppenberg@yahoo.fr] - NOVEMBER 12, 2012
Good Morning

I hope you are having a wonderful day?,i was able to see your work of art
from your website and i must say that your work is attractive and lovely it
depicts that you took your time to perfect its creation. I reside in Paris
France and am interested in owning some of your work to decorate my living
room and office to elevate my lifestyle, unfortunately i lost the link to
your website. I will be pleased if you can send me the link to your website
so that i can select the one's had like to purchase from you. i await your
response.

Regards
Frederick

1 comment:

  1. Just got this.

    Good Morning,

    I hope you had a wonderful day?,i was able to see your work of art from your website and i must say that your work is fascinating and vivacious,it shows that you took your time to perfect its creation. I am a resident of London,United Kingdom and am interested in owning some of your work to decorate my living room and office to elevate my lifestyle, unfortunately i lost the link to your website. I will be pleased if you can send me the link to your website so that i can select the one's had like to purchase from you. i await your response.
    Regards
    Andrew

    andrewkloppenberg@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete